Are you prepared?
Simple mistakes can lead to a costly business disaster. How unlikely is it that an IT disaster will happen to your company? With a combination of natural disasters, hardware failures and human error, the reality is that data loss is a matter to time, not if.
According to a lot of articles, man-made disasters affect 10 percent of all small businesses and a staggering 30 percent have been impacted. Something as simple as a power outage could put your whole business at risk.
Investing in risk management means investing in business sustainability – designing a comprehensive business continuity and disaster recovery plan is about analyzing the impact of a business interruption on revenue.
Top 5 reasons why you should rethink your IT Disaster Recovery and Prevention plans
- Most modern hardware is fairly resistant to failures, but there is no perfect track record. Failures happen. Having a disaster recovery plan is the only way to ensure that a hardware failure doesn’t interrupt your service or cause data loss.
- No one is perfect and mistakes happen. Ever deleted an important document that you’ve been working on for a week? Without a resilient data backup, there is no way to recover from this event. It is recommended that as part of your disaster recovery plan, your company has implemented an offsite backup which is easily accessible for rapid file restoration. Backing up to an external hard drive, stored at your office just isn’t the way to go. What happens if there is a flood or fire? Offsite backup is the way to go.
- If you experience a disaster, how understanding will your clients be? It is much cheaper to retain a customer than to acquire new ones. Preparing a Disaster Recovery plan is far less expensive than trying to build up your businesses after the fact.
- If you are providing online services to customers and everything is offline for even a day, this will definitely impact your bottom line. Redundancy for essential services is extremely important for client retention and should be a big part of your Disaster Recovery Plan.
- No business is immune to IT disasters but there are many ways you can prevent them or quickly recover. Remember, it’s all in the PLANNING.
Global Edge is well positioned to provide your company with the most cost effective Disaster Recovery plan. Don’t wait – call today to speak to one of our Experts.